Thursday, April 9, 2015

Scrappy Trips Lay Out

This project kind of got neglected in recent weeks. I was working on it full steam ahead and once the blocks were finished and stacked the stack got moved from place to place in the studio. I kept wanting to lay them out but never got around to it. Well I decided that if I could just lay them out I would then be able to work on it again as time allowed.

This project was all about color and purging...........ok how do those two things go together? Well I need a quilt for the bed in the new RV. I really like this pattern because it is more about color than the fabrics used in it and I love green and purple. I also wanted to use up as much fabric as I could that I am not fond of. Now don't get me wrong there are many fabrics in there that I do indeed love. I began by pulling everything out that was purple and green that I was not fond of and started cutting my strips. Then when I ran out of those I added in other fabrics that I am more fond of. In the end I used a ton of fabric which includes lots of stuff I don't have to look at again and wonder what to do with.

Hopefully now that this is in a pleasing layout I will have my flimsey sewn together in a week or two. I could play with it forever and not get it perfect............and that is not what this quilt is about anyway.

3 comments:

Suze said...

ooh...love how its turning out. The pops of light seem to make it sparkle...at least in the picture!

Sewing Up A Storm said...

I like it too and am excited that now I can sit and start sewing it together. Wonder what took me so long to do my layout.

MQuilter said...

I like the scrappy top color combination- very pretty!