Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sneak Peek Of the Backing for the Cat Quilt

Today I spent a good part of the day making a quilt back. This will be a bed quilt so the back will be seen and admired. I did not have enough fabric to just make a back so I pieced one. First I looked for big hunks of fabric and found some solid green the is really old, likely form the 80's. Of course there was not enough. But if I made some giant cat blocks I could get a pretty wide row. Then with the leftovers I was able to piece a thinner row using blocks that did not make it to the front of the quilt. Then I found a 2 1/2 hunk of cute cat fabric I inherited from my aunt's stash. It was perfect for the top and bottom. OK I was still short about 20 inches. I used the leftover from the Scrappy Trip Around The World I quilted a few weeks ago. With careful cutting, a couple more giant cats and some more random blocks that did not make it to the front I had just enough.

I am gonna get this on the longarm tomorrow and do an allover design on it! Hum maybe I should work on some binding tonight........I am going to use black as the final border is a black background and just might have enough black left from several other projects for binding.

No comments: