Saturday, July 19, 2014

Finished The Rug Mugs


 I finished the bindings on the last three mug rugs today. These are all orphan blocks from a Dear Jane Swap. I recently finished a quilt top using many of the blocks from the swap and these did not make it into the top. I like them and figured they would be perfect as little mug rugs. I had fun finding inspirational quotes to put on each one to make it a rectangle instead of a square. They finish at 9X12 inches. I think the one in the middle is my favorite.
 Quote reads: Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Sieze common occasions and make them great.
 Quote reads: Its not the years in your life that count. Its the life in your years.
Quote reads: You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

2 comments:

sophie said...

It looks like you're having fun. It's nice to see that you've returned to quilting.

Feathers in my Nest said...

Love! Beautiful...I'm trying to figure how you sewed the one in the middle..Love your words of wisdom.