Friday, July 18, 2014

Not Much Progress, But I Did Finish One Mug Rug

This is the view of Sandia Crest that I woke up to on Tuesday. Good thing I picked Monday for my hike. It was cold and rainy most of the morning and the trails would have been wet and slippery. It usually takes a few days for the ground to dry out so that hiking is good. This made Tuesday a good day for working on projects. I got the binding cut for my mug rugs and my improv quilt. The binding is now attached to the improv quilt and I will reveal that once it is finished.

I did manage to get one of the mug rugs finished and I am sending it to a friend.
The mug rugs are fun and quick to make and that is what I like about them. I hope to finish the other three soon as I just need to do the binding and they finish at 9x12 inches so that will not take long. I also need to finish the hand sewing of the binding on the improv quilt and am doing a really tiny stitch of 1/8 inch so that will take more time than a regular binding.

No comments: