Monday, July 14, 2014

A Hike In The Woods

Today I went hiking with my good friend Sadie. She is a great hiking buddy when she is not interested in birds, squirrels, or chipmunks on the trail. We hiked to the top of Sandia Crest. It was not a very long hike but one of my favorite. There was a profusion of wildflowers and lots of greenery.

Hiking is a great way to clear my head and to just think about nothing and everything. I love being in the great outdoors. Tomorrow will be here soon enough and I now know which quilt to load on the longarm. I am loading the Improv II. I am going to do very simple quilting and it will be on and off in one session I am sure. It is a very modern quilt and will just get straight line quilting...........at least that is the plan today.

I have the Over The Limit II off the machine and I just LOVE it. I really went overboard on the quilting. I also put 4 mug rugs at the bottom where there was extra batting. I just added a strip of fabric for them on my backing. I think this is a great way to use that extra batting.............little projects along the bottom, no extra loading and something fun and quick to do at the end of a project.

And.................yes the photo of me and Sadie is a selfie.

1 comment:

Feathers in my Nest said...

Oh, Sadie is Beautiful!! and she looks so happy...Gorgeous trail, I sure do miss those days..Enjoy them.