I got all my blocks sewn for the Mountain Majesties quilt in blue and orange. These really went together fast and easy. I have laid them all out and thought that I was happy with the arrangement so I picked them up in order. Then I was looking at quilts on Pinterest and found a different setting so now I need to lay them out in that setting and photograph both settings to see which one I like better.
I have been seeing lots of fabric bins lately and decided to try to make one or a dozen. Actually the idea is to make a group of them for scraps. The bins will be the color of the scraps that will go into them. At least that is the plan. I found a tutorial and decided to give it a try with a few changes of what goes inside. Well the instructions were flawed and there are some problems with the bin above. I decided that I knew what the dimensions should be and decided to change the way to sew it and made the bin in the bottom photo. They are exactly the same size but the one on the bottom came out much nicer. The one on the bottom is also made out of upholstery fabric as I knew what the kinks were in the instructions and I was petty sure I had it figured out................it came out just right!
These were the test bins so now I just need to change up the measurements and make larger ones for my scraps. I really do like these little ones though and will make a few more as they are just the right size (4X6 by 3 inches high) to hold a few things. I tossed some thread spools in them but they would work great for other notions, cell phone and keys, jewelry or whatever.