Monday, July 20, 2015

Schlep Bag

I finished another UFO today. It is a Schlep Bag. These were all the rage a few years ago. I still see variations of them where people have made more squares and call it something else. This is from the original free pattern I found years ago online.   I started this project as something to work on at the retreat I attended in Phoenix last February. I cut big squares and quilted each one differently on my longarm. I thought there was a quilted handle too but I guess that did not get done at the time. The square units were cut to 6 1/2 and sewn together. The bag is a great size for putting a carry along project in or some clothes for the weekend or whatever. I was cleaning up my sewing room and found this with a stack of fabrics and decided instead of putting it somewhere I would just finish it.


 Last night I started a new quick quilt project. These are half square triangles cut from 7" squares. Hopefully I can get this top sewn up sometime next week as I will not have time to sew it together this week. It will make a nice sized lap quilt and I used about 2.75 yards of fabric. So with the backing and binding this should bust about 7 yards of stash.

 When I tried to take a photo of this the top few fabrics flew off and I had to run downstairs and go out into the yard to retrieve them. It is a cloudy afternoon with brooding storm clouds that did dump some rain but not as much as we have gotten in the past few storms.





No comments: