Saturday, September 6, 2014

Starting A New Project

I always work well with multiple projects going at the same time. I do not really have any that are in the piecing stage so decided I needed another stash reduction session. I found a beauty over on Exuberant Color Blog in a color combination I really love, blue and green. The quilt pattern Crossroads was designed by Amy Walsh coauthor of the book Colorful Quilts For Fabric Lovers. You can see Wanda's version HERE on Exuberant Color Blog, and you can see Vicki's version HERE on Field Trips In Fiber Blog. Both are beautiful. I just knew when I saw this that I had to make it. It will be a very simple, fast quilt to sew up but it will be all about color. The hardest part I know will be to put all the pieces in the right places but really that is much of the fun to come up with placement of blocks.

I have been cutting into much of my blue and green fabrics the past three days for the 130 squares in a 6 1/2 inch size and 130 strips in a 1 X 6 1/2 inch size. Once I have 100 of each size I will start slashing the squares in inserting the strips. I will not cut the last 30 combinations till I have the rest sewn. This will allow me to audit the results and fill in with colors that will work best with the design I come up with.

I just snapped a few photos of the squares and strips I have cut so far. You can see it is a foggy morning here in New Mexico. The sun should come out this afternoon.



No comments: