Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I Just Love It When The Vision Comes Together

 It is always very rewarding when a vision comes together. I had an idea for the quilting on my Mountain Majesty quilt  and started drawing last night. I just did not seem right. Then I went to Pinterest and again nothing really jelled. Humm I had thought a spiral in the center and that is round so how about I pull out my circle templates and see how that would work...............Yep! The circles seemed to work great and once I got going the ideas started to flow and now I really love they way the blue areas have come together. The plan is to finish all the blue parts and then come back to the orange. I could do the orange the same as the blue but that might be too much of a good thing so I will mull it over while I am working my way thru the blue. In the meantime this is a fun pattern to quilt out. If you are reading this let me know what you think?


I just love my set of circles. I have a whole stack of these from 1 inch up to 12 inches, many in half inch increments.

8 comments:

Suze said...

O....M....G....how gorgeous!!!!I love, love, love how the blue blocks look...I am sorry - any of my suggestions on how to quilt the orange part would pale in the face of the blue!

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

Ami! *FABULOUS* Can I say just *FABULOUS*????

I *love* it when the quilting creates its own design. You have the PERFECT negative space to create those images.

It's absolutely the *best* quilting design you could have thought to put there.

I'm eagerly anticipating what you come up with for the orange!

Judy in Ohio said...

I agree with Suze and Pirate. We should just leave you alone and let your creative juices flow as you seem to be doing just fine all by yourself. :-)

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Suze you thanks for the great comment. Your suggestions have always been great.
Ami

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Shelley thank you for the great comment. I was pretty happy when I was playing and it kinda fell in place. Now to figure out the orange parts.
Ami

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Judy I find inspiration in many places so do not hesitate to suggest something.......you know how one good idea can lead to another.
Ami

Shirley said...

I just discovered your blog and this is the first post I have read. The quilt is absolutely fabulous. You are so talented and I can't wait to see this finished. It's awesome at this stage. Looking forward to reading thru the old posts and seeing your creations.

Teresa in Music City said...

I LOVE IT!!! Gorgeous texture and an added dimension of design. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the "mountains" :)