Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

No quilting here today. I spent the day out on the trail hiking.  It was just right not too hot yet and there were lots of flowers out.

I have been busy sewing tops and since my last post I have put together the Bears in The Cabin into a top. It still needs a border. The Dear Jane top with the red setting triangles is also put into a top and I am trying to decide if it really needs a border. I may just leave it as it is with the blue alternating blocks and the red setting triangles there is already a lot going on. Currently I am working with some cat blocks in cat fabric from a series of swaps on About.com Quilting Forum from around 2000. I am making a few more blocks and then I will have enough to make my younger daughter a twin sized quilt. I made one for here big sister years ago and she is telling me it is about time I got around to working on hers. Once I have that top pieced I will post some photos of my finished tops.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Hi!
I love the cat quilt. I have a few blocks made for one. It was from a McCalls Magazine a long time ago I think. I feel your pain about UFO's. I finally got to the point that I quit cutting fabric for projects until I was actually going to start them. I've tossed many, and I have about 15 'kits' put together for projects. Even with those, I have broken them up and taken fabrics out for other projects.
And, by the way, I love the way that you set your kona and bright blocks!! Take care, keep plugging along, you are doing better than I am at it. Teri