Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A New Stash Buster Project


I have finally allowed myself to start something new. This is from Bonnie Hunters Quiltville site and is called Scrappy Trip Around The World. It is a great stashbuster. You can find the tutorial on Bonnie's site HERE

I have been tying to come up with a way to use those fabrics that I no longer love.........ok I actually hate some of them and just do not want to keep looking at them every time I go thru the stash. This quilt seems like a great way to easily sew up tons of yardage of fat quarters and large scraps. I took the plunge and forged ahead and starting cutting the 2 1/2" by 16" strips. Wow did that go fast! Today I timed myself on the second block and it took about 30 minutes start to finish. I bet I can get it down even faster if I try. I think this will end up being a long term project like a leaders and enders. In the end I will be rewarded with those fabrics gone!

There are some fabrics in those two blocks that I got my first year quilting...........I think that was 1984. They are the tan and the blue next to it in the second square. I am not saying I hate all those fabrics but my current tastes have moved away from focus fabrics and such to tone on tone, handyes and solids so I am glad to find a project to use up some of these. I know that as I go along some really nice fabrics will end up in this quilt as well..............I do want to like it when I get done. I am looking forward to using up lots of fabric in this quilt that am a just plain tired of trying to figure out what to do with.


No comments: