Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Improv II All the parts pieced!

I have finished piecing all the parts. Only two of the units are pieced and they are the two dark ones in the first row on the left. The next step will be to sew the vertical units together. After that I will lay them next to each other and again cut them so they are just a bit wavy like the inset pieces. I do not think I am going to make the sides or the bottom straight, only the top as that is where the hanging sleeve will go. Right now uncut and unsewn this is about 37 X 42. It will shrink up a bit with the seams. It will be a nice size for wall art.

I will spend some time now putting away all the mess this little quilt has generated. Most of the little inset pieces came from the overflowing scrap bin............and no I did not make a dent in it at all. Likey it is more as the scraps from the cutting of the yardage will end up in the scrap bin.

I have already come up with the plan and inspiration along with a nice selection of blue, green, and purple fabrics for Improv III.

No comments: