Sunday, February 2, 2014

Improv II Top Pieced

I finally found time today to get the Improv II top pieced. It is a very rustic piece and will hang as art. This piece was a real learning curve as I have never tried this method before in quite this way. The final quilting and the cropping of the quilted piece will change it a bit but for the most part the feel of the piece will remain.

Now I need to get off the computer and get to some cleaning and cooking so I can be ready for the superbowl later this afternoon.

Next week I will go thru my fabric selections and do another edit for the Improv III piece. I am still trying to come up with the final colors. I am torn between lots of solids in brights vs a mix of solids and prints in the cool colors. Once I figure it out I will be cutting 18 inch squares of 9 fabrics and then will be ready to get cutting and sewing. The Improv III will be totally different from I or II and I think I will end up liking it the most of the three but then until they are quilted, embellished (those that I decide need it) and bound I will not really be sure which will be best. They are all very different and the techniques. Nope..........no hints about Improv III yet!

No comments: