Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Will Never Forget!

It was a different world on the morning of September 11, 2001. I woke up like any other day and took my kids to the school bus where I was informed by my neighbour that one of the twin towers in New York City had been bombed. I rushed home and turned on the TV and my mom (who was visiting) and I sat there and watched our world change. We saw the second plane crash into the second tower. We watched as the smoke billowed out of the two buildings. We watched as the towers crashed to the ground. We watched as the Pentagon in Washington D.C. was hit. We listened as we heard the news of a fourth plane crash and speculated that it was another plane destined for a target and much to our dismay we were later informed we were right. Later that day after the nightmare on TV had played out I went outside and saw a sky with no contrails from all the planes overhead. There was total silence in the sky above. Later the military helicopters came by breaking the silence.

Today it has been seven years and I am still saddened by the events that forever changed our world. Do not forget and let us all stand proud Americans, strong, brave and together as one, united!

No comments: