Monday, September 8, 2008

A Good Day Quilting



It is really nice to be quilting something of mine for a change. The only person I have to please is me! Today I tried out the metallic thread I got at the Longbeach Quiltfestival at the Superior Threads booth. The thread is specifically made for longarm machines so can take the high speed and the long thread path. I used Bottom Line in the bobbin and it worked just great. I decided to make freeform feathers that were not all alike on the top. These come from a center circle. I really like the look of the shiney thread with the feathers. I premarked the design for the center of the circle. After I took these photos I continued to work and have about half of the background around the feathers filled with pebbles in purple Bottom Line thread. The pebbles really mash down the quilt so the feathers really pop. So far I am pretty pleased with how this is coming out, not to mention I am having a good time working on it. I hope to work a bit more tonight and maybe even finish the pebbles.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Your quilting is lovely!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It is turning out pretty - Nice to do something for you for a change!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

WOW the metallic thread really makes the feathers stand out. The choice of the feathers for the quilting must have been inspired. Love the colours.
Sadia

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ami, your feathers are gorgeous (as usual) and are especially striking with the metallic thread! I look forward to seeing the final version!