Monday, September 29, 2008

Pat's Row Robin

This is the latest row for the row robin I am part of. There are seven of us and each of us made our own row of blocks 48 inches wide. Then we pass them to the next person in line who adds another block, and then pass it to the next person, this continues till everyone has done a row on every one's RowRobin. As you might guess this is Pat's Row Robin and I am the fourth one to work on it. After it leaves here there will be three more rows added by the last three members of the group. In order from the top are Pat's own row on her project, Ellen's addition, Hilda's addition and finally my addition on the bottom. Of course the rows are not attached so when Pat gets her rows back she can arrange them any way she chooses.

Pat asked for asymmetry so I made my blocks in three different sizes; nine inch, six inch and the tiny three inch ones. I tried to scatter them randomly and hope they look nice. Her background fabric has been traveling with the rows and we were each asked to use batiks from our stashes with her beautiful background fabric. I made my stars with my brand new Tri Rec rulers I picked up at JoAnn's on Saturday with my 40% off coupon. I was intrigued by the rules after reading about them on about.com quilting and decided to buy a set. They gave me the inspiration I needed to make the stars for Pat's row.

You can see Ellen's and Hilda's rows on my previous blog entries.

No comments: