Sunday, January 7, 2007

In Praise of a Mess

This morning I was on the phone with a quilting friend, and having a cordless phone this enables me to wander wherever I like. We were discussing something fabric related so I wandered into my studio and sat in my chair. Well let me tell you I have been working on a project so the usual mess was even more of a clutter. During the conversation my eye happened to catch the fabric I had been working with on my challenge quilt. I had been pulling pieces of stash out of the drawers and previewing them and occasionally cutting off a piece to use. Well the top two pieces were just singing at me from that pile where they had be haphazardly tossed. One was a metallic blue green with gold and the other a deep orange/rust also with gold metallics........................what a pair. I am defiantly going to have to begin with the two of them and go from there in adding more fabrics!

1 comment:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

How about a picture of the fabrics? I would love to see the combination!