Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Well Aged UFO


It is hard to believe that this UFO is almost 12 years old! I started it sometime in 2006 with block swaps for the log cabin blocks. After putting them together I decided to do a applique border around them and that took about a year. Then I loaded it on the longarm and did a stitch in the ditch around the top border applique and bottom border applique as well as the light parts of the log and some of the green inner border. I had to take it off the machine to work on customer quilts and it never got any further than that. Well I was looking thru my UFOs and since this one was already partly quilted I decided that I should work on this one next. There will be no deadline on this I will just keep at it till it is done. Since the blocks were from a swap the piecing is not good enough for a high end show quilt but I will still do some fancy quilting as practice and maybe enter it in some smaller shows. I just want to have fun with it.

 These are the flowers that are part of the applique around the outside border. I worked on these for quite some time.

 Flower buds for the applique. I like these a lot, even better than the flowers.

 I  love the bear and the bunnies. I think they are my most favorite part of the border.


This is the quilt without the applique. I am looking forward to having this a finished quilt in the near future as this one has aged plenty long enough.

1 comment:

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

It's a GREAT feeling to work on and the finish up a UFO that has been patiently waiting for its turn in the sun. :-)

Looking forward to progress pictures!