Monday, July 30, 2018

It All Started With A Crazy Idea





 These bags started as a crazy, "What if" idea. I had some legs I had cut off some jeans because I wanted some Jean shorts and an old pair of jeans my hubby didn't want any more. Hummm....Wonder if I could quilt them and make bags. I was getting tired of the tedious quilting on my UFO and wanted a distraction. I also wanted a birthday gift for a friend.


After the first bag I was really excited....this is awesome!


So here are the deconstructed Jean legs laid out on the frame. I used white extra wide muslin on the back and Hobbs 80/20 batting. I just laid them out in a row.

OK now what. I started with the flowers and went from there. Ok also some feathers would be nice. I used Signature Cotton longarm thread in a variety of colors. For the design I went over each line over and over.....more like embroidery than quilting. For the background areas I just used black and did a meander stipple and straight lines. This part was just to flatten the background so the design would pop more.

In progress and I was having fun.


Even the back looked pretty cool.


2 comments:

Linda P. said...

Those are just adorable. I love them. You are so creative! The setting in your photo is really nice too. Waving to you - Linda

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Thanks Linda. I had fun with every step of these including the photoshoot. Waving right back at you.