Friday, May 19, 2017

Update On The Scraps

 Finally I have something to show for all my sorting, cutting, planning, sewing and pressing! That is a neat stack of 13 blocks and 4 sides of the pieced part of the border. Who knew that all this was hiding out in that scrap bin in the photo below.
 After a week of work it is pretty rewarding to see my efforts bear some real blocks. A few days ago I switched gears and went thru the entire pile and sorted everything into categories. One category was color. Each category was put in Walmart bas so if I want green I just dump out the green bag. All the bags store nicely in the bin as well. There were other categories as well like small blocks, non cotton stuff, fabric for applique projects and I even found two zippers which I will use in bags.
 Once things were sorted I was able to go thru bags and get a nice balance of color for the scrappy star blocks. I decided that using one color for the star points would look better. I settled on brown. I also cut tons of 2 1/2 inch squares. Having colors sorted really made that so much easier.

 My little featherweight got a great workout. I have set up in the tiny RV bedroom on a TV tray table. I can't have the iron on if the machine is on........or the coffee maker either so I have to only have one thing plugged in at a time. I just make it work.
Now I need to set this project aside till I get some muslin for the alternate blocKS and strips on each side of the checkerboard border. I am pretty excited about the next project which is green, purple and maybe blue made with the two shapes of the Tri-Recs ruler.

No comments: