Saturday, October 29, 2016

Better photos of Stars in Fossil Fern on Kona Black

 Trying to get a good photo of this quilt before I sent if off was close to impossible. Unfortunately the pursuit of a good  decent photo delayed sending this back. It was early morning and the sun was coming up. I found the one spot where there was enough light thru the trees. I had to drag two chairs outside because the quilt is big and needed to be held higher than people can reach. Then I had to beg my husband and daughter to stand on the chairs...........they finally oblidged. I got a few decent shots and that was that we had to rush off to town and the quilt is now in the mail so this is the best photo I will have of it. I have to say I love the front of the quilt but I am over the moon with the back. I have some friends  quilting folks I know who would say that anyone that makes pebbles is insane, OCD and a few other not so nice descriptive words....................but it is really those pebbles that I love!!!! Hey its my life and I can spend my hours of it any way I choose so don't judge!!!!

I am glad that this one is now off the plate and on the way home.






2 comments:

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

Once again, some *fabulous* quilting. Love the different motifs you used.... the "dancing bananas", concentric clamshell filler, *fantastic* evenly stitched feathers! ... and of course the pebbles.

Truly, an amazing job.

Feathers in my Nest said...

Wow, you sure do exceptional quilting...Gorgeous quilt Ami.

BTW, I haven't finished my snood because I lost the darn pattern..so I just looked on Ravelry where I found it in the 1st place. Looked for what seemed like hours..I think I found it..doesn't sound familiar though...Oh well, I'll have a funky snood to wear!
Blessings, Debra