Thursday, May 28, 2015

How To Quilt A Man Quilt

Women like all sorts of flowey fussy designs. Men not so much. Trying to come up with a masculine design for a quilt took a bit of thinking. I wanted clean crisp lines. My friend Mel asked for leaves as the recipient of the quilts loves the outdoors. I finally came up with the plan of the oak leaves in the brown squares, and the acorns in the blue squares. Everything else is just straight line ruler work. This only looks simple to do. It really took quite some time to do all the stitching in the ditch and get all the ruler work done.


 Closer view of more detail.

 There is a sheet under there to protect it from the ground and I guess it is peeking out of the lower right.
 Detail of the quilting.

Closer yet.

If you would like me to quilt for you please contact me thru my e-mail.







3 comments:

Marlene said...

Looks great. I think the leaves, acorns, and then the straight lines works really well together. Hope it is well received. It's definitely harder to come up with a masculine design but I think you did well in your choice.

Rettabug said...

It is PERFECT, Ami! Rustic, outdoorsy, masculine & GORGEOUS!!! Well done!!
♥♥♥ the leaves & the acorns.

Suze said...

love how it turned out..you have great instincts!