Monday, May 4, 2015

Going Crazy

 I have been taking an online crazy quilt class taught by Kathy Shaw HERE. She does an amazing job with her lessons. Her instructions are awesome and the best part................she does these for free. I have done my share of crazy quilting before but I learned so much that my time was very well spent doing this beginner class. I would recommend her classes to anyone that would like to try this form of needlework, or those that want to hone their skills. Above is my finished class project.


 This is the bottom half. I learned how to do quite a few different ribbon techniques. I love the spider web roses and the irises were really fun as well.


There were lots of great techniques to embellish the seams. My favorite is the row of hydrangeas along the top right. I just love the look of those.

No comments: