Thursday, March 26, 2015

Misha's Celtic Solstice


I have been following my friend Misha's progress on her Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice. I was delighted when Misha asked me to quilt her Celtic Solstice top. She is going to use it as a lap quilt so did not want it quilted to death. I came up with a design to showcase the circular look of the piecing. I did a modified feather/leaf on one side and some swirls on the other side of an asymmetrical melon shape. I also took the Solstice theme and did a sun shape in the center of the circular sections. For the border I did a simple treatment that showcased her triangles. This was a very fun quilt to work on. Misha used a different color way than the mystery and I have to say that I really love her color choices and the fabric selection she used.











Thank you Misha for letting me quilt for you!

4 comments:

sophie said...

I love the quilting design--perfect for this quilt and its intended use.

Misha said...

Thank you so much, Ami! Stack has seen the pictures too and right away he noticed the sun motif and commented on how cool that is. Looking forward to seeing it in person and getting the binding on it very, very soon!!

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Thank you Sophie, I had a lot of fun coming up with the quilting design.

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Misha I am so excited that Stack likes the quilting! I really look forward to seeing some photos of the finished quilt too. Hope to see them on your blog very soon.