Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Having Fun With Feathers



I have been having fun with feathers lately. I got inspired with all the photos everyone has been showing on Machine Quilters Resource of their version of Feather Meander the brainchild of Suzanne Early. Here is my take on them. This is just the back of the quilt but the back really shows the feathers. Right now I am working on a custom quilt with the feather meander as the background fill...............boy is that a great fill. I think it is my new favorite. When I get that one done there will be photos to share.

On another note. Can you belive that it is almost Thanksgiving!!! I always try to figure out what I am most thankful for. I think for me it is my family and friends. I am also thankful for my health, my home and being able to do what I love which is being a fiber artist. Some days I really have to pinch myself that I am actually starting to live my dream which is quilting for a living.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Isn't that the best technique?

I can't even count all the things in my life that I am thankful for! I am very blessed.