Friday, July 17, 2020

Around The Last Corner



This project has been my focus for the past month. Once I got the vine figured out I really got excited to see this come together. I kinda set myself some hard and fast goals for this and that was to applique at least 5 leaves a day. I have actually exceeded that goal. There was a week spent figuring out the squirrels and I am very pleased with them. So now that I have finally gone around the final corner it is time to get the two birds done and figure out the last part of the vine and leaves on the top center. There will be a few more branches around that top bird.

The bottom bluebird just needs to be made and plopped down in the center and he is good to go.

This one is a mountain bluebird. Yes I just spent some time online finding images of birds I liked and then just drew my own version that would be easy to applique. I actually did these birds in the very beginning and they have been waiting patiently in the wings for their turn to come front and center in this project.

So here are the final plans for these little birds. The line art is ready to be cut apart and the fabrics are selected. This will be the focus this week to get them done and hopefully also the last group of vines and leaves. So far I am pretty pleased at how this project has come together.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, you are so close to the finish line with your wonderful quilt.