Saturday, May 23, 2020

Brown Linen Pants Simplicity 8922

After making the purple muslin pants to test Simplicity patter 8922 I decided to make another pair slightly looser as well as a bit cropped to show off sandals in the warmer weather. I found this brown linen fabric in my stash and decided to make the second test pair out of this as it was so similar to the blue linen I was waiting to use. These pants are kinda loose, baggy and are kinda like wearing pajamas. I have decided I do not need three pair so am not going to use my blue linen. This brown pair is very versatile and will go with a ton of things. They fit the casual warm weather attire so I am calling it good. They are a tad baggier than I would like but I am not going to fix them. The pockets also add bulk so if I make this pattern again I will leave the pocket off to give a smoother fit over the hip area.


Kinda like this thrifted white linen top to give these an effortless casual vibe.
Just wish I had somewhere to wear this.

I do love the detail at the hem and may use this treatment on other patterns. For now I do not need more of these in my wardrobe. That said I want to make a pair of these pants and a little matching top as longewear/pajamas to wear around the house.

I did have some fun playing with a few outfit ideas. Love this sweater with 3/4 length sleeves I thrifted last Fall. The bag is also a $1 thrift store find from a couple of years ago.

Same outfit with a linen shirt, thrifted last Fall as well.
And...........a blue t-shirt that I made recently. Brown and blue always look great together.
Here is the patter, I made view D and highly recommend the pattern. I did french seams on the inseam and crotch seam. The side seams are serged because of the pockets...........next time I am leaving the pockets off and will also do french seams on that as well. This is a fun little pattern to sew and it goes together pretty fast.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Gorgeous! I just adore linen and bet these pants will be a warm weather wardrobe staple for you. That hem detail is so fun!

Ramona said...

Your pants are so cute! I just love the bell shape at the bottom. It's been years since I made clothes for myself. Maybe it's time to start again. Great finish! (And they do look great with your blouse.) :)

Linda P. said...

Love these Ami - you look great in the pictures too!

Audrey said...

I like the hem panel on these pants a lot. It adds interest to a basic pair of pants and the overlapping tulip shape really accents the ankle. They look great on you. I enjoyed looking at all the different outfits you put together. You have some great thrift finds, and the outfits remind me that brown does coordinate with lots of other colors.