Thursday, July 23, 2020

New Personal Record





I finally got in full gear a couple of months ago with quilting and sewing. I had been putting off making the bias strip for this project for months. I had cut the straps 5/8" wide.....yup crazy. Well one day I decided to tackle this a couple of months ago and got it done. I made one very, very long strip. It was many yards long.  The next day I basted the main strip to the drawn line on the quilt. Then another few days to cut out a million leaves. Then I was off and running. I think I started the applique on June 12th. I have only missed working on this about three days since. I just designed a section at a time and tried to do at least 5 leaves each day. This is a new record for me to finish a project of this magnitude. It was a great distraction from the rest of the insanity going on in the world around me.


I am really happy with the squirrels. I think they add a little fun. This little guy is scampering down the vine.

A bluebird at the bottom, just hanging out.



I think this squirrel is my favorite. He was also the hardest to do. I just love how he came out. 


3 comments:

Suze said...

Love the vine and leaves and squirrels and birds!! They really add a lot of pizzazz to your Trees of Life blocks. Can't wait to see what you do when you quilt it.

Ramona said...

Wow! You appliqued this in record time. The vines and leaves are beautiful with the Tree of Life blocks and the squirrels! They are just too cute. Great work!

Jenny said...

Each time I see it I just love it a little more! Now for the quilting, I expect.