Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Scrap Bin Challenge

 Yep that is an 18 gallon keeper bin and it was stuffed pretty full. The reason for the tight stuffing is because this is one of several bins. When I think about it though there were lots of quilts made to generate all these scraps.
 Each fabric by itself is nice when they are pulled from the pile, pressed and cut into one of the shapes I am working with.
 This group will have 16 x 2 1/2 inch strips cut for another Scrappy Trips Around The World. A tutorial can be found on Bonnie Hunter's website of free quilt patterns.
 Ahhhh......finally something made out of all that mess. A week ago the fabric in these blocks were part of that bin. Now they are a nice stack of 4 squares and triangle blocks made with the Tri-Rec ruler set.
Here is a drawing of the quilt these will be part of. I need to buy muslin for plain blocks and the two strips on each side of the pieced border. I only drew the star in one of the blocks, but all the pieced blocks will have star points like the one in the upper left. I plan to see how many quilts I can generate from this bin. Every time I sort and cut I am comming up with more ideas. So I leave you with a question......what's hiding in your scrap bin?

No comments: