Thursday, August 14, 2014

Progress on Ellen's Quilt

This is Ellen's quilt and it has taken up residence on my longarm. It is a beautiful sampler and I am having lots of fun thinking up quilting designs for it. She wanted a touch of modern more than traditional so here is a sneak peek of my modern take on the outer borders. The final two borders are really wide so I have broken them up by combining the final two with a zigzag line alternating piano keys on the outside and some nice pleasing loose swirleys freeform on the inside. Sounds pretty easy but it is a lot of ruler work. For the inner border I went with a fun swirl and squigley lines. I am pretty happy with how it is taking shape and hope to have it off the longarm in the new few days.

I also got my Mountain Majesty blocks all sewn into a "flimsey". That would be a quilt that is just the one layer without backing, batting and quilting. They change so much from flimsey to quilt.

I am excited that I have quite a few blocks that will soon be arriving for Nicole's comfort quilt. If you would like to make one please leave me a comment and I will e-mail you my address. I hope to have some photos of the blocks coming as these start to arrive this coming week.

No comments: